Senior Web Developer
We're looking for an enthusiastic and highly capable Web Developer to join our Delivery Team. You will work with a talented team of full stack developers integrating 3rd party APIs and building react/node.js web applications. Successful Web Developers on our Delivery team are highly organized, solution-oriented problem solvers who thrive in fast-paced environments. This is an excellent opportunity for you to utilize your technical leadership skills by guiding and mentoring Junior Web Developers.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Amgen, Century 21, ESPN and TD Ameritrade. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, Comic-Con, Sundance and three Olympic Games.
The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year. Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and implement large custom features
- Refactor legacy code
- Utilize Docker and Kubernetes to deploy our solutions
- Implement unit and integration tests for existing and new code bases
- Maintain high standards of software quality with solid practices and habits
- Analyze and integrate 3rd party APIs for large datasets
- Apply your technical expertise on client calls while supporting our Producers
- Attend live client events by providing seasoned onsite support
WHO YOU ARE
- Bsc. in Comp. Sci or equivalent degree or experience
- 2-3 years Backend experience plus 5+ years software development experience
- Love for architectural knowledge and ability to champion best practices for the team
- Technical leadership and mentoring junior team members
- Proficient in SQL and other Databases
- Skilled in PHP or Python
- Excellent problem solving abilities, including strategies and willingness to assist in debugging live issues
- Knowledge of CI tools like Git, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, and Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Familiar with React and node.js
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where change is the only constant
- Self-motivated team player with a “can-do” attitude
- A desire to learn new technologies and contribute to continuous improvement
This is a full-time position working in our Vancouver, BC, Canada office.
We work hard and smart, and insist on having fun in our casual work environment.
Additionally, each member of our team is eligible for our unique Ticket To Ride and Professional Development program! This gives you the chance to experience an event we build the app for to gain first-hand knowledge and see our hard work in action!