Senior UX Designer
Our Eventbase Design Team creates visually engaging, user-centric designs that clearly differentiates our mobile technology platform for events.
We're seeking a Senior User Experience Designer who has experience working on the design of elegant software for Fortune 500 enterprises, ideally mobile software and SaaS. You will join our Design Team and be responsible for elevating the usability of the Eventbase Platform, including mobile and web offerings. You will work alongside our "Foundation" product development team and interact with our customer delivery team as well as customers and end users to understand their needs. This role is critical to the success at Eventbase as our attention to design has always been part of what separates us from our competitors. This is a full-time position working in our Vancouver head office.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Amgen, Century 21, ESPN and TD Ameritrade. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, Comic-Con, Sundance and three Olympic Games.
The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year. Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design elegant user experiences in the creation of new features, innovation concepts and improvements in our product offering
- Plan and conduct user research including persona development and usability studies
- Create IA and UI/visual design deliverables for our mobile event products (including concept sketches, user flows, prototypes, wireframes and design specs), and ensure quality and creativity
- Collaborate daily with our development team to bring design to life in our core product software
- Mentor the design team
- Be a company-wide advocate for design innovation, user-centered design thinking and design process
- Examine use metrics to understand user behaviour and inform subsequent designs
- Craft design experiments to understand impact of design on users
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of interaction design, with experience planning and crafting complex interfaces, mobile applications and websites
- UX leadership experience with ability to manage, coach and motivate other team members would be ideal
- BS/BA in Interactive Design, HCI or related degree preferred
- Agile/Kanban training preferred
- Experience with usability practices (persona creation, research, A/B testing, observational studies)
- Experience with mobile-specific IA and UX and best practices in user-centered design
- Strong UX/UI visual design prototyping and production skills, with expert proficiency in industry-standard software (Adobe CC, Invision, UXPin)
- Experience working with stakeholders and managing project requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, leadership, influencing, negotiation and communication skills
- Knowledge and passion about new technologies, industry and design trends
Please complete our online form and attach your resume and cover letter with responses to the following questions:
-How you will contribute to our company culture?
-Tell us why you may be the ideal candidate for this role.
-What is the best event (i.e. conference, trade show, festival or sporting event) you've attended?
-How do you think mobile apps can improve the experience of attending an event?