We're seeking a motivated and energetic Resource Manager to join our growing team. You will be a part of our Delivery Team and will be responsible for all project resources allocation. This is a new position and will be critical to our growth at Eventbase. The Resource Manager will manage resources availability and utilization, and develop growth strategies. This is a full-time position working in our Vancouver head office.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Amgen, Century 21, ESPN and TD Ameritrade. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, Comic-Con, Sundance and three Olympic Games.
The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year. Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Analyze, monitor, and report on capacity and availability of our team
- Maximize utilization of team members
- Establish contracts and relationships with third party vendors and contractors
- Contribute to a positive, supportive team and company culture
- Identify skills gaps and know the capabilities and strengths of team members
- Recommend training and coaching opportunities
- Work with Producers to optimise team member assignments
- Support our Talent & Culture team with hiring needs
- Proactively identify resourcing conflicts and create plans to solve them
- Forecast resources needs for short, mid and long term and create recommendations
WHO YOU ARE
- 3 to 5 years experience managing resources for a digital agency or software company
- Strong problem solving skills in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with a resources pool
- Must be able to understand basic technical requirements to better assess estimates and blockers when talking to technical teams
- Strong relationship building skills with experience engaging leaders at all levels and partnering with internal teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to be open minded and solutions oriented
We work hard and smart, and insist on having fun. Our cool Yaletown office provides a casual work environment with a few office dogs, and an in-house barista.
Additionally, each member of our team is eligible for our unique Ticket To Ride and Professional Development program! This gives you the chance to experience an event we build the app for to gain first-hand knowledge and see our hard work in action!
Our Eventbase team is comprised of a diverse group of people. Eventbasers hail from all over the world and have many different backgrounds and interests. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively promote Women in Technology internally and by partnering with other organizations externally.
Please complete our online form and attach your resume and cover letter with responses to the following questions.
1. How you will contribute to our company culture?
2. Tell us why you may be the ideal candidate for this role.
3. What is the best event (ie. music or film festival, sporting, tradeshow or conference) you've attended?
4. How do you think mobile apps can improve the experience of attending an event?