June 22, 2015 – Cannes, France and Vancouver, Canada – Lions Festivals and Eventbase, the mobile event platform trusted by the world’s most recognizable brands, today released the official event app for the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
With new industry-leading technology, this year’s app changes the way attendees experience the world’s largest celebration of creativity in communications. Updates include smarter social networking features and accelerated content discovery, enabling attendees to enjoy an unparalleled festival experience.
To deliver more meaningful connections, the app’s iBeacon-enhanced networking integrates with LinkedIn to notify attendees if any of their first-degree connections are in the area. The in-app social networking tool has been enhanced with a matchmaking feature, Icebreaker, that connects attendees based on similar interests and prior session attendance.
“Last year’s Cannes Lions Festival app won ‘Best Event App’ at the 2014 Event Technology Awards,” said Jeff Sinclair, co-founder of Eventbase. “The app was enhanced this year to radically change how people connect and match attendees with the most relevant content. Events are about discovery, and the features in the 2015 app will enrich the entire experience for attendees.”
The updated app also uses iBeacon technology to help attendees discover sessions by showing those their LinkedIn connections plan to attend. These recommendations, based on session tags and user profiles, help personalize the event experience and help attendees overcome option paralysis and find the most relevant content.
Cannes Lions Festival App Features
- My Recommendations (Session Match) - Accelerates session discovery with recommendations based on session tags and user profiles and preferences to personalize the event experience. (New for 2015)
- Around Me Enhanced - Beacon-enabled networking that offers a view of nearby attendees, venus and events, and integrates with LinkedIn to notify users if their first-degree contacts are in the area. (New for 2015)
- Icebreaker (smart notifications) - Shows which LinkedIn connections in the area (beacon zone) have common session favourites. Takes networking to another level by recognizing and recommending other attendees who have attended or favourited the same sessions. Uses beacons to detect 15-minutes of attendee dwell time in a session and auto-favourites those sessions. (New for 2015)
- Cannes Connect - Activate your Cannes Connect account to network with thousands of other attendees.
- Networking - Connect with your LinkedIn contacts at Cannes Lions, see what sessions they’re attending, and share your personal schedule.
- Discover - Visually explore what’s on at Cannes Lions, watch videos and listen to tracks by showcasing artists.
- Full Programme - Browse the entire event list category, searching by type of session, speaker, venue or award.
- Daily Planner - View sessions by day and create custom filters to find exactly what you are looking for.
- Locations - Find venues by list or map, get directions, and browse internal floor plans.
- My Favourites - Build your personal schedule and sync with your online account, or between devices.
- Broadcast Notifications - Receive mass updates about schedule changes and general communication from event organizers. Powered in partnership with Urban Airship.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform trusted by some of the world’s most recognizable brands and the Gold Winner for “Best Event App” at the 2014 Event Technology Awards. The premium platform propels events into the mobile age, personalizing the experience through apps that incorporate sophisticated design, industry-leading scalability, and ground-breaking innovations. Customers include Cannes Lions, SXSW, SAP, NAB, Comic-Con and the last three Olympic Games. Founded in 2009, Eventbase is based in Vancouver, B.C., with an office in London. For more information, visit www.eventbase.com and follow @EventbaseTech.
About Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity
The International Festival of Creativity, also known as Cannes Lions, is the world's leading celebration of creativity in communications. Founded in 1954, the Festival takes place every June in Cannes, France.
As the most prestigious international annual advertising and communications awards, over 35,500 entries from all over the world are showcased and judged at the Festival. Winning companies receive the highly coveted Lion trophy, a global benchmark of creative excellence, for Film, Print, Outdoor, Interactive, Radio, Design, Product Design, Promo & Activation, Film Craft, Mobile, Branded Entertainment and Integrated advertising, as well as the best Media, Direct, PR, Titanium, Creative Effectiveness, Creative Data and Innovation ideas. The Festival is also the only truly global meeting place for advertisers, advertising and communication professionals.
Amie Rotherham, Rsquared Communication
Cecillia Lescano, Eventbase