Vice President Global Marketing
Our Eventbase Marketing Team is responsible for attracting global brands to our industry-leading mobile technology platform for events.
Eventbase is excited to announce the newly created position of Vice President of Marketing. This executive level role will be responsible for driving our global marketing strategy with the goal of achieving sustained competitive differentiation and brand recognition. It’s expected you roll up your sleeves alongside your small team, as you grow global marketing operations in Vancouver and London. You’ll work closely with our product management team to maximize the effectiveness of our offerings and sales team to deliver a sustained pipeline of well-qualified leads. You’ll also be part of the Executive Team and report directly to the CEO. You’ll join our team of over 115 Eventbasers in our newly built, Vancouver-based head office.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Amgen, Century 21, ESPN and TD Ameritrade. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, Comic-Con, Sundance and three Olympic Games.
The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year. Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Articulate Eventbase’s product positioning, competitive differentiation, market fit and communicate this across the entire company and marketing channels
- Lead marketing initiatives, including our website, digital marketing and the production of collateral such as white papers, case studies and presentations
- Oversee our public relations and media relations initiatives via third party PR partners Use the latest in data-driven marketing tools and tactics to optimize programs and messaging
- Manage our client events and presence at trade shows in excess of ten events per year including two of our own that we host
- Maintain competitor analysis and help the Sales team be successful when going up against competitors in the sales cycle
- Work with Sales to ensure they have the tools and information they need to meet their goals and revenue targets
- Work with our Product Management team to ensure the success of our product launches by determining the strategy and plan for product releases
- Promote our products to thought leaders and strategic partners in the events industry
- Lead and inspire the Marketing team with growth plans to increase the team size in 2018, including our UK office
- We like scale, but we also like to have fun. So do you!
WHO YOU ARE
- A senior leader with experience as a strategic and tactical marketing generalist with a strong digital background in the software industry (ideally SaaS)
- Experience having managed a multidisciplinary, globally located team including digital, content creation and ideally onsite or event marketing
- Possess a track record of marketing to global enterprises including Fortune 1000 customers
- Have a proven track record of creating innovative and effective campaigns for exciting brands with meaningful metrics and KPI’s to back it up
- Penchant for keeping on the cutting edge of all things tech, marketing and digital and marketing automation
- Extraordinary communication skills across an entire organization
- Strong creative skills and ability to independently assess complex situations and recommend solutions
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a very fast paced environment
- Ideally an MBA or equivalent experience
- Nice to have: knowledge of the events industry
We work hard and smart, and insist on having fun. Our cool Yaletown office provides a casual work environment with a few office dogs and an in-house coffee barista thrown in for good measure.
Additionally, each member of our team is eligible for our unique Ticket To Ride and Professional Development program! This gives you the chance to experience an event we build the app for to gain first-hand knowledge and see our hard work in action.
Please complete our online form and attach your resume and cover letter with responses to the following questions:
-How you will contribute to our company culture?
-Tell us why you may be the ideal candidate for this role.
-What is the best event (ie. music or film festival, sporting, tradeshow or conference) you've attended?
-How do you think mobile apps can improve the experience of attending an event?