We're seeking a motivated and energetic Junior UI Designer to work on some of the most exciting and largest events in the world. Joining our Design Team you will be responsible for applying client brand guidelines, requirements, and assets to our mobile app platform, including the creation of client branded mockups. UI Designers are crucial to success at Eventbase, creating award winning, user-centred mobile apps that push the boundaries of the event experience. UI Designers work closely with our Producers, Developers, and Design Lead to bring our client's brand to life with our Eventbase mobile apps. This is a full time position based in our Vancouver, BC, Canada head office.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Amgen, Century 21, ESPN and TD Ameritrade. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, Comic-Con, Sundance and three Olympic Games.
The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year. Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years.
What You'll Do
- Working closely with Producers and Project Coordinators to adapt client requirements and brand guidelines into stunning mobile apps for their events
- Coordinate with mobile developers, working hands-on to implement visual design for Android and iOS
- Promote the use of design standards for beautiful visual design, usability and user-centered design
- This role is predominantly UI focussed, however there could be some opportunities to take on UX work from time to time
- Our UI designers also get to illustrate, create posters and come up with creative for our in-house events throughout the year
Who You Are
- New Grad or 1+ years of interaction design, with experience creating beautiful interfaces for web and mobile
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud and Sketch App
- Working knowledge of front-end web development (HTML5, CSS3) is an asset
- Working knowledge of mobile UX/UI prototyping software is an asset
- Degree in Interactive Design, Graphic Design or a related field preferred
- Agile UX experience is an asset
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, leadership, teamwork and communication skills
Please complete our online form and attach your resume and cover letter with responses to the following questions:
-How you will contribute to our company culture?
-Tell us why you may be the ideal candidate for this role.
-What is the best event (i.e. conference, trade show, festival or sporting event) you've attended?
-How do you think mobile apps can improve the experience of attending an event?