Technical Production Specialist / Mobile Dev Kickstarter
Founded in 2009, Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for premium events. Winner of “Best Event App” in 2014 and 2015 from the Event Technology Awards, Eventbase was recently rated as the 19th Fastest Growing Company in BC by Business in Vancouver. Trusted by global brands for their Tier 1 conferences and trade shows, our clients include IBM, Microsoft, SAP, HP, Cisco, CES, Cannes Lions, and SXSW. Eventbase also delivers apps for consumer events, including the Olympic Games, Comic-Con International and the Sundance Film Festival. The Eventbase premium platform propels events into the mobile age, personalizing the experience through apps that incorporate sophisticated design, industry-leading scalability, and groundbreaking innovations.
We're looking for an enthusiastic, and highly organized Technical Production Specialist to assist in the implementation of our mobile event platform for events worldwide. You will work with a Project Manager and a talented team of mobile application developers and designers producing apps for iOS, Android, Mobile Web and other platforms. In this support based role, you will be responsible for configuring our apps and contribute to successful customer delivery. Technical Production Specialists support multiple client projects simultaneously. Successful Technical Production Specialists are highly organized, excellent multi-taskers and context switchers who thrive in fast-paced environments. This is an excellent opportunity for Computer Science graduates to kickstart their careers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Database configuration and SQL writing
- Use XCode and Android Studio for project configuration
- Use Git / Bitbucket for version control of our apps
- Debug and troubleshoot alongside our QA team
- Create and distribute builds of our apps
- Execute and maintain production delivery scripts
- Work on beacon configuration and setup
- Provide client support in the form of tools training, onsite or on call support as well as supporting Producers on technical client calls
- Create tools, scripts and documentation
- Attend cross functional meetings, scrum and standups
- Set up 3rd party applications to integrate with our projects
WHO YOU ARE
- Bsc. in Comp. Sci or equivalent degree or experience
- Possess technical skills in the mysterious art of SQL, databases and data manipulation or the aptitude to learn these tools
- A real interest in mobile app technology and/or project management
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where change is the only constant
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player with a “can-do” attitude
- A desire to work on the bleeding edge and learn new technologies
We work hard and smart, and insist on having fun. Our cool Yaletown office provides a casual work environment with a few office dogs and an in-house coffee barista thrown in for good measure.
Additionally, each member of our team is eligible for our unique Ticket To Ride and Professional Development program! This gives you the chance to experience an event we build the app for to gain first-hand knowledge and see our hard work in action!
Please complete our online form and attach your resume and cover letter with responses to the following questions:
-How you will contribute to our company culture?
-Tell us why you may be the ideal candidate for this role.
-What is the best event (ie. music or film festival, sporting, tradeshow or conference) you've attended?
-How do you think mobile apps can improve the experience of attending an event?