Our business and team continue to grow and keeping our clients expectations met and exceeded is paramount to our continued success. Our Technical Leads are Jacks or Jills of all trades working cross functionally with our Development and Delivery teams. They are the glue that holds everything together. Their breadth of cross functional knowledge of our product allows them to understand how all of the pieces of the puzzle fit together. You will have your fingers in many pies and ensure all stakeholders both internal and external, get what they need while delivering world class apps for top tier events. As part of the Delivery team, you will work alongside Producers, Quality Assurance, Technical Product Specialists and Web and Mobile Developers and be the motivated and go to problem solver and blocker remover for the team. This is a full-time position working in our Vancouver head office, reporting to the Technical Operations Director.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Amgen, Century 21, ESPN and TD Ameritrade. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, Comic-Con, Sundance and three Olympic Games.
The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year. Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversee the technical delivery of enterprise projects
- Learn existing and upcoming product features and how to implement them for projects
- Stay on top of all product releases and help communicate updates to the rest of the team
- Understand all of the technical roles in the delivery process and how they fit into the delivery of our apps
- Understand the entire platform architecture and how to integrate third party APIs or SDKs to extend product capabilities
- Own the requirements of a project in delivery once handed over by our Solutions Architect (pre-delivery)
- Collaborate with the technical delivery team to plan, design and implement the solution
- Assist QA with test plans for custom features and clarify any technical requirements
- Assist Producers by attending client status meetings and fielding technical questions
- Work with the entire delivery team to clarify, refine and document technical requirements
- Collaborate with the mobile developers to help build out custom app requirements
- Be the primary technical escalation point for the team
- Help contribute to advancing and improving the delivery process
- Always provide options for challenging technical issues
- Jump in and show off your ninja skills if the situation arises
WHO YOU ARE
- A strong communicator in both written and verbal form and someone who is able to translate complex technical concepts into layman’s terms … and back … repeatedly
- You have worked with top tier clients and have a solid understanding of their needs and expectations
- A team player with a track record of working on complicated technical software solutions
- You have a penchant for keeping on the cutting edge of all things tech, the mobile industry in particular
- You take control of difficult and/or chaotic situations and possess a strong sense of ownership
- You understand a wide array of web protocols and standards such as: HTTP, REST, SOAP, OAuth, XML, JSON
- Technical concepts such as public key infrastructure, API security and scaling applications are well within your grasp
- Competency with an Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban) / Scrum Master certification would be an asset
- Experience working with one or more of the major mobile platforms (iOS, Android and Windows)
- Highly organized and multi-tasker are words people use to describe you
- You have lead technical teams but you can also get your hands dirty in the trenches when required
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
- You are a self starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- It is imperative that you are able to work on different projects and initiatives and be able to switch context frequently without batting an eye
We work hard and smart, and insist on having fun. Our cool Yaletown office provides a casual work environment with a few office dogs, and an in-house barista.
Additionally, each member of our team is eligible for our unique Ticket To Ride and Professional Development program! This gives you the chance to experience an event we build the app for to gain first-hand knowledge and see our hard work in action!
Our Eventbase team is comprised of a diverse group of people. Eventbasers hail from all over the world and have many different backgrounds and interests. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively promote Women in Technology internally and by partnering with other organizations externally.
Please complete our online form and attach your resume and cover letter with responses to the following questions.
1. How you will contribute to our company culture?
2. Tell us why you may be the ideal candidate for this role.
3. What is the best event (ie. music or film festival, sporting, tradeshow or conference) you've attended?
4. How do you think mobile apps can improve the experience of attending an event?