Talent & Culture Coordinator
Our Eventbase Talent & Culture Team is responsible for support and coordination to a wide variety of human resources processes, programs and activities that promote, maintain and build on a positive and engaged workplace while championing our stellar culture.
If juggling multiple balls simultaneously is your speciality, you love lists and organization is your middle name, read on. We're looking for an energetic and hyper organized Coordinator who has generalist experience to join our company as we continue to grow at a rapid pace. You will be a part of our dynamic Talent & Culture Team and be responsible for supporting our existing team and initiatives. Talent & Culture team members help facilitate the Eventbaser experience, ranging from recruitment and onboarding, professional development, recognition and much more throughout their journey! If you are a Jack or Jill of HR trades and you thrive working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, then we would love to hear from you! This is a full-time position working in our Vancouver head office.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Amgen, Century 21, ESPN and TD Ameritrade. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, Comic-Con, Sundance and three Olympic Games.
The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year. Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support recruitment activities by posting jobs on websites and boards, arranging interviews and code tests, conducting reference checks and updating our applicant tracking system
- Contribute to employment branding and culture initiatives that help attract quality candidates and promote Eventbase as an employer of choice
- Assist with specific programs such as our amazing Professional Development program
- Administer the Applause Awards, a peer nominated recognition program
- Help maintain our HRIS system as required
- Assist with on-boarding and offboarding, including items such as payroll and benefits
- Coordinate check-ins and performance review processes
- Research and implement new community involvement and health & wellness initiatives
WHO YOU ARE
- 2+ years of HR experience in a generalist or coordinator role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Commerce in Human Resources or related discipline preferred
- Experience in software / technology industry is a definite asset #weheartgeeks
- Experience supporting new HR processes and programs
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization skills and strong attention to details
- Hands on with a can do attitude and is willing, eager and able to do what it takes to get the job done
- Team player willing to contribute to various projects as needed
- Can hold your own in conversations that involve Netflix series’ including (but not limited to) Game of Thrones, the Office, Silicon Valley, Breaking Bad and the like
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Experience with BambooHR and Lever an asset
We work hard and smart, and insist on having fun. Our cool Yaletown office provides a casual work environment with a few office dogs and an in-house coffee barista to satisfy your coffee cravings.
Additionally, each member of our team is eligible for our unique Ticket To Ride and Professional Development program! This gives you the chance to experience an event we build the app for to gain first-hand knowledge and see our hard work in action!
Please complete our online form and attach your resume and cover letter with responses to the following questions:
-How you will contribute to our company culture?
-Tell us why you may be the ideal candidate for this role.
-What is the best event (i.e. conference, trade show, festival or sporting event) you've attended?
-How do you think mobile apps can improve the experience of attending an event?