We're seeking a motivated and energetic Solution Engineer who has experience using deep product knowledge to craft ideal client solutions. Ideally you will have background in SaaS, mobile technology or the event space. You will work alongside our Sales Team to help understand client needs, assist with client demos early in the sales cycle, and create the right-fit solutions for the world's largest enterprises. Solution Engineers will work alongside our highly technical Solutions Architects to gain deeper understanding of our platform, and help transition opportunities when the requirements call for custom solutions. Solutions Engineers are critical to our growth at Eventbase, as they work diligently to guarantee the success of our clients early on. Solutions Engineers work alongside our Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, and Delivery and Finance Teams. This is a full-time position working in our Vancouver Office.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Amazon, Amgen, Century 21 and ESPN. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, ISPO, Berlinale and three Olympic Games. The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year.
Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years and recently won the Webby Award (2017) for our IBM Events app.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Act as the product expert for the sales team, with a deep understanding of core platform functionality
- Understand and communicate event industry and platform best practices
- Work with our Sales team early on in the sales cycle to help understand clients needs and craft optimal solutions that will deliver on their desired outcomes. If you don't know the answer to any question, you will track down where to find it, and make sure it’s documented for next time
- Help the Sales team to respond to RFPs
- Meet weekly with the Solutions Architects to walk through any potential complexities and ensure all bases are covered
- Work directly with Solutions Architects to transition requirements at the scoping phase for opportunities with more complex technical requirements
- Assist with setting up demo environments that will be used to show functionality best aligned with the clients desired outcomes
- Run tailored client demos, speaking with confidence of the capabilities of the platform
- Work with the product team to provide client insights and suggestions
- Identify early on when clients are seeking a solution that will require custom work or potentially complex integrations
- Juggle priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and do so with professionalism, grace and good humour
- Responsible to ensure technical details are captured accurately
WHO YOU ARE
- 2-3 years of Sales, Customer Service or Project Management
- Proven to have a mix of technical aptitude and customer facing skills
- You are an intensely curious person, and eager to expand your knowledge in all areas
- Have a track record of building customer confidence
- Highly motivated and driven to provide the best work possible
- Active listener that pays attention to the smallest details to ensure nothing gets by you
- Confident in your knowledge levels, and comfortable in saying you need to explore deeper to find out
- Able to work independently to find answers, and driven to meet customer and sales deadlines
- Seeks to find the best solution while sticking within the capabilities of the platform
We work hard and smart, and insist on having fun. Our cool Yaletown office provides a casual work environment with a few office dogs, and an in-house barista.
Additionally, each member of our team is eligible for our unique Ticket To Ride and Professional Development program! This gives you the chance to experience an event we build the app for to gain first-hand knowledge and see our hard work in action!
Our Eventbase team is comprised of a diverse group of people. Eventbasers hail from all over the world and have many different backgrounds and interests. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively promote Women in Technology internally and by partnering with other organizations externally.
Please complete our online form and attach your resume and cover letter with responses to the following questions.
1. What is the software sale you are most proud of?
2. How you will contribute to our company culture?
3. Tell us why you may be the ideal candidate for this role.
4. What is the best event (i.e. conference, trade show, festival or sporting event) you've attended?
5. How do you think mobile apps can improve the experience of attending an event?