Senior Backend Web Developer
We’re looking for a Senior Back-End Web Developer to join our web team and help build solutions that serve our premium clients in the event industry. This role will contribute in helping architect highly scalable robust solutions that serve several million users per year. This is a full-time position working in our Vancouver head office.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Amgen, Century 21, ESPN and TD Ameritrade. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, Comic-Con, Sundance and three Olympic Games.
The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year. Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Development of new features
- Technical design for large features
- Perform research and development
- Writes unit and integration tests for existing and new code
- Refactoring of legacy code
- Pull Requests / Code Review
- Discussion of process improvements
- Planning / story pointing
- Clarifies requirements on tasks/user stories with stakeholders
- Documentation of systems and API
- Release management/deploys
- Suggests new features and/or fixes for the existing system
WHO YOU ARE
- Bsc. in Comp. Sci or equivalent degree or experience
- 5+ years of PHP & SQL experience
- RESTful API experience
- Architectural knowledge – use of Design Patterns and ability to champion best practices to produce scalable, maintainable, and robust code
- Working in team environments with peer reviews, Pull Requests, and version control via Git
- Writing unit tests; experience with Continuous Integration beneficial
- Delegating and mentoring junior staff
- Excellent problem solving abilities, including strategies and willingness to assist in debugging live issues
- Able to define priorities, be self-motivated, and work in a dynamic environment
- Experience with NoSql systems such as Redis
- Linux and Git experience
- Additional technical assets include but not limited to: Python, Varnish and Ansible
We work hard and smart, and insist on having fun. Our cool Yaletown office provides a casual work environment with a few office dogs and an in-house coffee barista thrown in for good measure.
Additionally, each member of our team is eligible for our unique Ticket To Ride and Professional Development program! This gives you the chance to experience an event we build the app for to gain first-hand knowledge and see our hard work in action!