Sales Development Representative
Our Eventbase Sales Team is responsible for introducing global brands to our industry-leading mobile technology platform for events.
We're seeking a motivated and energetic Sales Development Representative to help join our Sales Team. You will be responsible for identifying and qualifying new prospects, responding to inbound expressions of interest, driving initial client conversations via email and phone, and arranging for product demonstrations and presentations. You will support our team of Account Executives, and work with them to successfully close new accounts. This is a full-time position working in our Vancouver head office with growth potential.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Amgen, Century 21, ESPN and TD Ameritrade. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, Comic-Con, Sundance and three Olympic Games.
The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year. Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years and recently won a Webby Award for "Best Event App".
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Identify and qualify new prospects
- Conduct outreach via email and phone
- Respond to inbound requests for information
- Communicate Eventbase’s product value proposition to customers based on an understanding of their current and future needs
- Assist Account Executives in winning new customers and expanding existing accounts
- Arrange online presentations and demonstrations for prospective customers
- Provide regular opportunity pipeline updates
- Represent Eventbase at industry trade shows and conferences
WHO YOU ARE
- 1+ years in a sales-related role
- Strong presentation skills
- Desired proficiency using Salesforce, iWork and MS PowerPoint
- Experience at a tech company or in the event industry
- A genuine interest in mobile technology
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where change is the only constant
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong team player with a positive, “go-getter” attitude
- Ability and willingness to travel once or twice a year to the United States
We work hard and smart, and insist on having fun. Our cool Yaletown office provides a casual work environment with a few office dogs and an in-house Barista.
Additionally, each member of our team is eligible for our unique Ticket To Ride and Professional Development program! This gives you the chance to experience an event we build the app for to gain first-hand knowledge and see our hard work in action!
Please complete our online form and attach your resume and cover letter with responses to the following questions:
-How you will contribute to our company culture?
-Tell us why you may be the ideal candidate for this role.
-What is the best event you've attended?
-How do you think mobile apps can improve the experience of attending an event?