Quality Assurance Analyst
Our Eventbase Foundation (Product) Team is responsible for building simple, beautiful and scalable products that are always customer driven and customer focused. Delighting our users is our focus and we achieve this by consistently delivering incremental value through rapid Agile product development, a close relationship with our users, a data driven approach to product design and simplicity in everything we build.
We're seeking a detail oriented and results driven Quality Assurance Analyst who has experience testing mobile software and SaaS solutions. You will join our Foundation team and be responsible for elevating the quality and stability of the Eventbase Platform, with a focus on our web offerings. Quality Assurance Analysts are critical to our success at Eventbase. Product Quality Assurance Analysts work alongside our Foundation / Product, Design and Development teams. This is a full-time position working in our Vancouver head office.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Amgen, Century 21, ESPN and TD Ameritrade. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, Comic-Con, Sundance and three Olympic Games.
The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year. Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Participate in review of epics, user stories and acceptance criteria (you know Agile, right?) to ensure full understanding of requirements for features of our Eventbase Manager platform
- Collaborate with the Development team to estimate user stories, and plan and execute testing for sprint backlog items
- Work with the Development team and other QA team members to build test automation for new and existing product features
- Develop, document and maintain manual test cases, automated test scripts and other test artifacts
- Execute planned testing levels (e.g. smoke testing, regression testing, functional testing, etc.), evaluate and report test results
- Identify, replicate, investigate, report and maintain defects, and verify defect fixes
- Create and maintain articles on Confluence/Wiki on areas of expertise or as assigned by QA Lead
- Collaborate with QA team to identify tools and methods to improve QA processes
- Continuously identify opportunities to remove inefficiencies and take measurable steps to create additional value for the team through continuous improvement practices
- Participate in team meetings and regular scrum events
- Provide single point of contact for product-related QA issues
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience in manual and automated testing of web tools and APIs
- Experience with software testing procedures and test plan creation/execution/reporting
- Experience working in team environments with peer reviews, pull requests and version control via Git
- Familiar with standard software development branching strategies
- Practiced in Agile software development
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, technical aptitude, attention to detail
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities
- Strong focus on quality, deadlines and deliverables
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/verbal communication skills
- Able to define priorities, be self-motivated and work in a dynamic environment
- Able to think outside the box and to not conform to the norm (norms do not find bugs quickly!)
- Strong sense of personal accountability; contributes beyond job role and responsibilities
- All of the above should mean you have 3+ years experience working in a QA/software testing role
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent degree is considered an advantage
Please complete our online form and attach your resume and cover letter with responses to the following questions:
-How will you contribute to our company culture?
-Why are you the ideal candidate for this role?
-What is the best event (i.e. conference, trade show, festival or sporting event) you've attended?
-How do you think mobile apps can improve the experience of attending an event?