Quality Assurance Analyst
Founded in 2009, Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for premium events and Winner of “Best Event App” in 2014 and 2015 from the Event Technology Awards. Trusted by global brands for their Tier 1 conferences and trade shows, our clients include IBM, Microsoft, SAP, HP, Cisco, Cannes Lions, and SXSW. Eventbase also delivers apps for consumer events, including the Olympic Games, Comic-Con International and SXSW. The Eventbase platform propels events into the mobile age, personalizing the experience through apps that incorporate sophisticated design, industry-leading scalability, and groundbreaking innovations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Requirements gathering, reviewing of epics (you know Agile, right?), user stories and acceptance criteria to ensure full understanding of requirements for both product and custom features of our platform
- Identify test conditions from requirements, map test case requirements and define test plans
- Work with QA Lead and Producers to plan test schedules in accordance with project scope and delivery dates
- Develop, document and maintain test cases and other test artifacts, i.e. test device matrix, test data, test reports, etc.
- Execute planned testing levels (e.g. smoke testing, regression testing, functional testing, etc.), evaluate test cases and report test results
- Identify, replicate, investigate, report and maintain defects (discovered internally during testing or by other teams, or externally by clients/vendors) and verify defect fixes
- Certify builds that have passed QA for release
- Create and maintain articles on Confluence/Wiki on areas of expertise or as assigned by QA Lead
- Continuously identify opportunities to remove inefficiencies and take measurable steps to create additional value for team and clients through continuous improvement practices
- Participate in QA team meetings, project meetings, internal and external (i.e. client) communication as needed
- Provide single point of contact for project-related QA issues
WHO YOU ARE
- Passion for mobile technology and using apps
- Experience in testing in the mobile industry with iOS, Android, Windows Phone; automation testing experience is a plus
- Experience with software testing procedures and test plan creation/execution/reporting
- Experienced with the following technologies preferred: SQL, HTTP, JSON
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements and technical specifications
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, technical aptitude
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities
- Strong focus on quality, deadlines and deliverables
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/verbal communication skills
- Able to think outside the box and to not conform to the norm (norms do not find bugs quickly!)
- Strong sense of personal accountability; contributes beyond job role and responsibilities
- All of the above should mean you have 2-3 years experience working in a QA/software testing role
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent degree is considered an advantage
This is a full-time position working in our Vancouver, BC, Canada office.
We work hard and smart, and insist on having fun in our casual work environment
Additionally, each member of our team is eligible for our unique Ticket To Ride and Professional Development program! This gives you the chance to experience an event we build the app for to gain first-hand knowledge and see our hard work in action!