Quality Assurance Analyst
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Amgen, Century 21, ESPN and TD Ameritrade. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, Comic-Con, Sundance and three Olympic Games.
The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year. Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Requirements gathering, reviewing of epics (you know Agile, right?), user stories and acceptance criteria to ensure full understanding of requirements for both product and custom features of our platform
- Identify test conditions from requirements, map test case requirements, and define test plans
- Work with QA Lead and Producers to plan test schedules in accordance with project scope and delivery dates
- Develop, document, and maintain test cases and other test artifacts, i.e. test device matrix, test data, test reports, etc.
- Execute planned testing levels (e.g. smoke testing, regression testing, functional testing, etc.), evaluate test cases and report test results
- Identify, replicate, investigate, report and maintain defects (discovered internally during testing or by other teams, or externally by clients/vendors) and verify defect fixes
- Certify builds that have passed QA for release
- Create and maintain articles on Confluence/Wiki on areas of expertise or as assigned by QA Lead
- Continuously identify opportunities to remove inefficiencies and take measurable steps to create additional value for team and clients through continuous improvement practices
- Participate in QA team meetings, project meetings, internal and external (i.e. client) communication as needed
- Provide single point of contact for project-related QA issues
WHO YOU ARE
- Passion for mobile technology and using apps
- Experience in testing in the mobile industry with iOS, Android, Windows Phone; automation testing experience is a plus
- Experience with software testing procedures and test plan creation/execution/reporting
- Experience with the following technologies preferred: SQL, HTTP, JSON
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements and technical specifications
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, technical aptitude
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities
- Strong focus on quality, deadlines and deliverables
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/verbal communication skills
- Able to think outside the box and to not conform to the norm (norms do not find bugs quickly!)
- Strong sense of personal accountability; contributes beyond job role and responsibilities
- All of the above should mean you have 2-3 years experience working in a QA/software testing role
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent degree is considered an advantage
This is a full-time position working in our Vancouver, BC, Canada office.
We work hard and smart, and insist on having fun. Our cool Yaletown office provides a casual work environment with a few office dogs, and an in-house barista.
Additionally, each member of our team is eligible for our unique Ticket To Ride and Professional Development program! This gives you the chance to experience an event we build the app for to gain first-hand knowledge and see our hard work in action!
Our Eventbase team is comprised of a diverse group of people. Eventbasers hail from all over the world and have many different backgrounds and interests. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively promote Women in Technology internally and by partnering with other organizations externally.
Please complete our online form and attach your resume and cover letter with answers to the following questions.
1. What is the software sale you are most proud of?
2. How you will contribute to our company culture?
3. Tell us why you may be the ideal candidate for this role.
4. What is the best event (i.e. conference, trade show, festival or sporting event) you've attended?
5. How do you think mobile apps can improve the experience of attending an event?