We're looking for an experienced Product Owner to be responsible for the successful development and definition of our product offering. You will work with a Senior Product Manager and a talented team of designers and developers to shape and influence our road map and market positioning. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to join, contribute and influence a growing and dynamic Product Team.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Amgen, Century 21, ESPN and TD Ameritrade. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, Comic-Con, Sundance and three Olympic Games.
The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year. Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be responsible for a product or portfolio of enterprise software products actively used around the globe by Fortune 1,000 companies for the world’s biggest events
- Join a growing product team and work closely with leadership to craft, build and innovate market-leading technology
- You’ll truly lead the features and products that you are handling, throughout their full lifecycle, from initial requirements gathering to ongoing support and maintenance -- this doesn’t have an expiry date
- Lead requirements gathering efforts, break down stories, own technical collaborations, groom backlogs and be an overall agile champion
- Participate in project planning, stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, and other agile-related meetings
- Clearly communicate requirements through epics and stories so they are understood
- Be a shield to protect the product from outside noise and pressures and work closely with Product Management to ensure that the product vision remains consistent throughout each sprint iteration
- Work with the product team to streamline prioritization of the product roadmap, and execution of product development tasks
- Mediate between technical and non-technical, development and other partner groups
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years' experience as a product owner / product manager, with a background in SaaS software products
- Experience in concept and product development, and a solid understanding of Agile methodologies
- Possess a #GSD attitude
- Sweat the details and work collaboratively to ensure nothing gets missed, even when presented with the most complex and integrated problems
- Understand what MVP and iterative development means and always push to move fast and break things
- Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems referring to the best product practices and methodologies
- A problem solver and are always thinking about a better way to solve a presented solution
- You live to learn and always continue developing your product skills through peers and education
We work hard and smart, and insist on having fun. Our cool Yaletown office provides a casual work environment with a few office dogs and an in-house coffee barista thrown in for good measure.
Additionally, each member of our team is eligible for our unique Ticket To Ride and Professional Development program! This gives you the chance to experience an event we build the app for to gain first-hand knowledge and see our hard work in action!
Please complete our online form and attach your resume and cover letter with responses to the following questions:
-How you will contribute to our company culture?
-Tell us why you may be the ideal candidate for this role.
-What is the best event (ie. music or film festival, sporting, tradeshow or conference) you've attended?
-How do you think mobile apps can improve the experience of attending an event?