Producer / Project Manager
Producers are critical to our success at Eventbase. They are the point of contact for our clients and also oversee Production of their event apps. These teams work alongside our Technical Solution Architects, and Sales and Product teams to implement and integrate our platform with our clients’ Marketing and Technology needs. Successful Producers have worked in technology, ideally in software or at a client facing digital agency, and is a driver who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for managing multiple projects for customers simultaneously. You will report to one of our Producer Leads, and is a full-time position working in our Vancouver head office.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Amgen, Century 21, ESPN and TD Ameritrade. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, Comic-Con, Sundance and three Olympic Games.
The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year. Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be the primary point of contact and work directly with our clients to set expectations, manage project updates, timelines, deliverables and collaborate with the Sales, Production and Product teams to ensure things are on track
- Partner with our clients, recommending features and functionalities that will help them deliver the best event experience for their attendees
- Manage the project team for 2-6 projects simultaneously ensuring all milestones and project objectives are delivered on time. This includes resourcing, team meetings, prioritization, milestone tracking, task tracking and related administrative tasks
- Full project budget management including timeline, scope and required resources
- Inspire, guide and rally our internal production team members to deliver successful projects each and every time
- Assess risk, establish clear ownership of tasks and clearly communicate these objectives to ensure your team has what they need to move projects forward
- Assist clients in managing their risks, troubleshooting and finding solutions when faced with roadblocks
- Utilize tools such as JIRA, Basecamp, Float and Slack to ensure efficiency throughout the project lifecycle
- Juggle multiple clients, priorities and deadlines with professionalism, grace and good humour
- Travel to client events from time to time as required
WHO YOU ARE
- An experienced digital project manager who has ideally worked for a digital agency or comes from software (ideally mobile) and technology
- Must have prior experience working with top tier clients in a client facing role, preferably as a Project Manager and you’re comfortable managing client expectations whether it be in person, via email or over the phone
- Ideally you’ve managed web and mobile development projects from scope definition and timeline to launch with six figure budgets
- A team player with a track record of leading and motivating internal teams of up to 8
- You’re tech savvy and a mobile app lover, a geek at heart who doesn’t need to code (though if you have in a previous life that’s OK too) and who understands tech speak and can confidently talk the talk
- Mach three is your pace of choice, the grass does not grow under your feet
- Strong sense of ownership with the ability to embrace the opportunity of difficult and/or chaotic situations, you are a natural when it comes to putting out fires
- A quick read of situations and people and have the necessary soft skills and poise to effectively manage whatever comes your way
- Highly organized and multi-tasker are words people use to describe you
- Someone who can, and will, get their hands dirty in the trenches when required
- Nice to have: Scrum Master Certification and PMP designation
We work hard and smart, and insist on having fun. Our cool Yaletown office provides a casual work environment with a few office dogs, and an in-house barista.
Additionally, each member of our team is eligible for our unique Ticket To Ride and Professional Development program! This gives you the chance to experience an event we build the app for to gain first-hand knowledge and see our hard work in action!
Our Eventbase team is comprised of a diverse group of people. Eventbasers hail from all over the world and have many different backgrounds and interests. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively promote Women in Technology internally and by partnering with other organizations externally.
Please complete our online form and attach your resume and cover letter with responses to the following questions.
1. How you will contribute to our company culture?
2. Tell us why you may be the ideal candidate for this role.
3. What is the best event (ie. music or film festival, sporting, tradeshow or conference) you've attended?
4. How do you think mobile apps can improve the experience of attending an event?