We are looking for an energetic and organized Office Coordinator who can keep our team and beautiful office running smoothly. In addition to maintaining the daily operations of the office, you will also support our leadership team and other functional areas such as Sales, Marketing, Finance and Talent & Culture. This is a full-time position working in our Vancouver head office.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Amazon, Amgen, Century 21 and ESPN. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, ISPO, Berlinale and three Olympic Games. The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year.
Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years and recently won the Webby Award (2017) for our IBM Events app.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Answer the main phone line and greet visitors and couriers
- Book travel arrangements
- Order stationary, kitchen/bathroom supplies and computer equipment
- Arrange meetings, company events (big and small) and team activities
- Assist with new employee orientation
- Reconcile corporate credit cards using expense reporting system
- Data entry and other administrative tasks as required
- Be the go-to guy or girl to answer questions on anything office related
- Manage our various vendors including cleaning staff and suppliers
- Work with building managers on an ongoing basis including handling repairs and maintenance issues
WHO YOU ARE
- A minimum of one to two years of experience working in a dynamic and bustling office environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where change is the only constant
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with a “can-do” attitude who is always willing to lend a helping hand
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient in MS Office or Mac equivalent
- Driver’s license required for occasional office related errands
We work hard and smart, and insist on having fun. Our cool Yaletown office provides a casual work environment with a few office dogs, and an in-house coffee barista.
Additionally, each member of our team is eligible for our unique Ticket To Ride and Professional Development program! This gives you the chance to experience an event we build the app for to gain first-hand knowledge and see our hard work in action!
Our Eventbase team is comprised of a diverse group of people. Eventbasers hail from all over the world and have many different backgrounds and interests. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively promote Women in Technology internally and by partnering with other organizations externally.
Please complete our online form and attach your resume and cover letter with responses to the following questions:
1. How you will contribute to our company culture?
2. Tell us why you may be the ideal candidate for this role.
3. What is the best event (ie. music or film festival, sporting, tradeshow or conference) you've attended?
4. How do you think mobile apps can improve the experience of attending an event?