We're looking for an enthusiastic and highly capable Mobile Developer to join our Delivery Team. You will work with a talented team of mobile developers producing apps for Android, iOS, and other platforms. In this development based role, you will be responsible for client specific features, and custom development to contribute to the overall success of our projects. Successful Mobile Developers on our Delivery team are highly organized, solution-oriented problem solvers who thrive in fast-paced environments. This is an excellent opportunity for you to expand your Eventbase knowledge and grow your skills. This is a full-time position working in our Vancouver head office.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Amgen, Century 21, ESPN and TD Ameritrade. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, Comic-Con, Sundance and three Olympic Games.
The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year. Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create custom or client specific features
- Participate in Delivery projects by working with Producers, Web, Config and QA teams
- Estimate, investigate, and build rapid prototypes for custom features
- Document custom features in project wikis and code
- Identify and monitor common issues that recur across platforms for clients, and coordinate consistent resolutions
- Provide dedicated support for larger projects and ensure project success by seeing through to delivery
- Design and refactor legacy code into reusable modules
- Assist in growing the Delivery Mobile team
- Participate in process improvements for the Delivery Mobile team
- Mentor junior developers to increase their knowledge base
WHO YOU ARE
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
- 2 - 3 years Android or iOS - and 5+ years software development experience
- Passion for mobile technology and using apps
- Built or participated in the creation of great apps on the App or Play Store
- Experience with the following technologies preferred: SQL, HTTP, JSON
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements and technical specifications
- Possess analytical and troubleshooting skills and technical aptitude
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Focus on quality, deadlines and deliverables
- Great interpersonal skills and written/verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of personal accountability; contributes beyond job role and responsibilities
- Have a focus on continual learning, and are excited about being able to share knowledge
We work hard and smart, and insist on having fun. Our cool Yaletown office provides a casual work environment with a few office dogs, and an in-house barista.
Additionally, each member of our team is eligible for our unique Ticket To Ride and Professional Development program! This gives you the chance to experience an event we build the app for to gain first-hand knowledge and see our hard work in action!
Our Eventbase team is comprised of a diverse group of people. Eventbasers hail from all over the world and have many different backgrounds and interests. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively promote Women in Technology internally and by partnering with other organizations externally.
Please complete our online form and attach your resume and cover letter.