Intermediate Python Developer
We are continuously building and innovating our product and platform - and we need an intermediate python developer to help provide technical and team leadership to new product development. Working closely with our Product Management and Co-Founders, this team collaborates with our web team and our native mobile app teams to build the foundation of our new product initiatives. In summary, you'll be solving complex technical challenges in a small, Agile team that are fundamental to our success in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Amgen, Century 21, ESPN and TD Ameritrade. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, Comic-Con, Sundance and three Olympic Games.
The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year. Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be heavily involved in the development of the Eventbase microservice ecosystem
- Work with experienced staff in a small Scrum Agile team
- Design, develop, test, document and maintain mission-critical web services
- Maintain high standards of software quality with good practices and habits
WHO YOU ARE
- Knowledge of python design patterns, idioms and tooling
- 3+ years of Python web development
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position
- Experience with test-driven development, integration tests and continuous integration
- Experience with distributed systems and 3rd-party API integrations
- Familiar with scalability, reliability and security best-practices
- Experience working with Scrum Agile development practices
- Code review via Git pull requests
Experience with the following languages and tools is desirable
- Async Python 3.*, Pytest, Dredd
- Docker, docker-compose
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Varnish, Nginx
We work hard and smart, and insist on having fun. Our cool Yaletown office provides a casual work environment with a few office dogs and an in-house coffee barista thrown in for good measure.
Additionally, each member of our team is eligible for our unique Ticket To Ride and Professional Development program! This gives you the chance to experience an event we build the app for to gain first-hand knowledge and see our hard work in action!
Please complete our online form and attach your resume and cover letter with responses to the following questions:
-How you will contribute to our company culture?
-Tell us why you may be the ideal candidate for this role.
-What is the best event (ie. music or film festival, sporting, tradeshow or conference) you've attended?
-How do you think mobile apps can improve the experience of attending an event?