In House Barista
We are all about creating a thoughtful Eventbaser experience. Part of that experience is keeping our team caffeinated! We're seeking an energetic, part-time, In-House Barista to work from our office alongside the Talent & Culture Team, Monday through Friday from 8:30am-1:30 PM.
We are looking for someone who is self-driven, goal oriented, cheerful and loves to greet people with a smile on their face. You take coffee seriously, enjoy giphys and friendly banter with your colleagues. We will need you to take ownership of our cafe and keep it organized, tidy and hold Eventbasers accountable to do the same.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Amgen, Century 21, ESPN and TD Ameritrade. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, Comic-Con, Sundance and three Olympic Games.
The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year. Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years and recently won a Webby Award for "Best Event App".
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Make lattes, cappuccinos, flat whites, London fogs, macchiatos, americanos (OK, you get the drill) for our team of 100+ Eventbasers in our Yaletown-based head office
- Order supplies and keep our cafe stocked
- Make homemade syrups (recipes will be provided)
- Keep our cafe organized, systematic and functioning like a finely tuned machine
- Help out with special events in our cafe including set up and clean up
- Organize baked goods or additional morning treats from time to time
- Make recommendations on how we can improve our cafe and food experience for our team and manage budgets/food costs
- Regularly clean our vintage three group Nuova Simonelli espresso machine
- Follow recommended maintenance of our equipment to ensure its longevity
- Use our industrial dish washer to cycle through cups and run through some dishes as you close up the cafe each day
WHO YOU ARE
- Someone who is passionate about coffee and honing their latte art
- Food Safe Level 1 certified
- Enthusiastic, positive, friendly and outgoing, you are one of the first people Eventbasers will see in the morning, so your smile and attitude will make the difference in someone’s day!
- Have a track record of being service oriented
- You love being the host/hostess
- You have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- You are self motivated and require minimal supervision and have no problems owning your role