Director, Talent & Culture
Our Eventbase Talent & Culture Team is responsible for attracting and retaining top talent for our industry-leading mobile technology platform for events. This role is about 60% hands on execution, 30% strategic planning & partnering and 10% executive/leadership development coach. You’ll join a team of over 120 Eventbasers in our new, 15,000 square foot Vancouver-based head office in Yaletown. The role is part of the Leadership Team and while partly strategic, we must stress this position will involve a lot of “heavy lifting” and require a hands on approach to guide us through the next phase of our evolution.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Century 21, ESPN and TD Ameritrade. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, Comic-Con, Sundance and three Olympic Games.
The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year. Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be a trusted advisor and partner to all people leaders across the company providing coaching, training and support in a variety of areas including: performance, total compensation, learning & development, career path and leadership development
- Lead, coach, mentor and support three Talent & Culture professionals
- Provide direction on recruitment activities that support ambitious hiring growth plans
- Refine and implement processes and best practices to increase Eventbaser satisfaction, engagement, retention and productivity
- Own and manage: HRIS (BambooHR), policies & procedures, health & safety, benefits administration, immigration, rewards & recognition (alongside the team), organizational structure & development, change management, internal communications (including Quarterly and Leadership team meetings, Slack and other channels)
- Act as the glue and change agent that keeps T&C projects and deliverables progressing through coordination, project management and driving timelines and foster a change agent and accountability mentality across the entire organizationImplement systems and technology to improve and streamline data and T&C processes
- Contribute new ideas to employment branding, social media and culture projects that promote Eventbase as an employer of choice
- Manage the T&C budget
WHO YOU ARE
- Forward thinking Human Resources, People Operations or Talent & Culture Leader with 7+ years experience in a high-growth, entrepreneurial, software/technology or creative organization having managed a team of 3+ staff a must
- Experience as a change agent with project management skills utilizing tools such as Trello, Slack and Google Apps
- Experience and certification in leadership development and coaching is highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Commerce in Human Resources or related discipline
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach when faced with changing priorities and unstructured environments
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and deal with sensitive issues
We work hard and smart, and insist on having fun. Our cool Yaletown office provides a casual work environment with a few office dogs, and an in-house barista.
Additionally, each member of our team is eligible for our unique Ticket To Ride and Professional Development program! This gives you the chance to experience an event we build the app for to gain first-hand knowledge and see our hard work in action!
Our Eventbase team is comprised of a diverse group of people. Eventbasers hail from all over the world and have many different backgrounds and interests. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively promote Women in Technology internally and by partnering with other organizations externally.
Please complete our online form and attach your resume and cover letter with responses to the following questions:
1. How you will contribute to our company culture?
2. Tell us why you may be the ideal candidate for this role.
3. What is the best event (ie. music or film festival, sporting, tradeshow or conference) you've attended?
4. How do you think mobile apps can improve the experience of attending an event?