Contract Technical Recruiter
We’re looking for a passionate hunter or huntress who gets their kicks from curating the best technical talent to join our growing team.
Do you secretly (or not so secretly) fist pump when an applicant accepts your job offer? Is networking and wooing the best of the best part of your toolbox? Do you want to join and help build a team delivering mobile apps for some of the largest events, festivals and conferences on the planet? If you answered yes to these questions, then we want to speak with you.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Amgen, Century 21, ESPN and TD Ameritrade. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, Comic-Con, Sundance and three Olympic Games.
The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year. Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Source, screen, interview and evaluate top technical talent
- Craft compelling and detailed job postings to attract qualified candidates
- Develop and manage our applicant pipeline
- Work with internal hiring managers, external resources and other stakeholders to determine our recruiting needs and assess candidates
- Develop recruiting strategies and implement best practices
- Network and attend key industry events to seek out talent and help spread the word about our available positions
- Analyze metrics to determine ways to refine our processes and improve efficiency
- Assist in recruiting for other non-technical positions and participate in other related duties as required
- Promote roles via social channels
- Ensure a fabulous candidate experience
WHO YOU ARE
- 4+ years of technical recruiting prowess (agency or in-house)
- Understanding of technical concepts and skills in various areas such as programming languages, mobile app and web development and data feeds - nerd speak is not lost on you
- You thrive in a dynamic environment and believe team members are our most valuable resource, with office dogs being a close second
- Thinking outside of the box is the norm for you and finding creative ways to attract top talent is second nature
- Experience working in a rapidly growing organization where a little bit of chaos is embraced and relished
- Understanding of global sourcing practices and knowledge of immigration programs such as Global Skills Strategy, LMIA, PNP and Express Entry
- Knowledge of ATS (we use Lever), LinkedIn and HRIS systems, Slack
- Being a fan of Silicon Valley, Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Mr. Robot or the like is a definite asset
This is a full-time contract position to begin with and will likely reduce to part-time as we achieve our talent acquisition goals. You will be working in our Vancouver, BC, Canada office located in Yaletown.