API Integrations Specialist
We're looking for an enthusiastic, and highly organized API Integrations Specialist to assist in the implementation of our mobile event platform for events worldwide. You will work with a Project Manager and a talented team of web developers and designers producing apps for iOS, Android, Mobile Web and other platforms. In this support based role, you will be responsible for data feeds and API integrations and contributing to the successful deliver of our apps to our clients. API Integrations Specialists support multiple client projects simultaneously. Successful API Integration Specialists are highly organized, excellent multi-taskers and context switchers who thrive in fast-paced environments. This is an excellent opportunity for new Computer Science graduates to kickstart their careers.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Amgen, Century 21, ESPN and TD Ameritrade. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, Comic-Con, Sundance and three Olympic Games.
The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year. Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Analyze 3rd party API documentation and endpoints
- Write code for app schedule and attendee data
- Use Git / Bitbucket for version control of our apps
- Set up authentication with EventbaseImplement client change requests
- Collect statistics and data for clients
- Support Producers on technical calls with clients
- Provide client support in the form of onsite or on call support
- Attend cross functional meetings, scrum and standups
- Set up 3rd party applications to integrate with our projects
WHO YOU ARE
- Bsc. in Comp. Sci or equivalent degree or experience
- Possess technical skills in the mysterious art of SQL, databases and data manipulation or the aptitude to learn these tools
- Knowledge of programming in PHP
- A real interest in mobile app technology and/or project management
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where change is the only constant
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivatedTeam player with a “can-do” attitude
- A desire to work on the bleeding edge and learn new technologies
We work hard and smart, and insist on having fun. Our cool Yaletown office provides a casual work environment with a few office dogs and an in-house coffee barista thrown in for good measure.
Additionally, each member of our team is eligible for our unique Ticket To Ride and Professional Development program! This gives you the chance to experience an event we build the app for to gain first-hand knowledge and see our hard work in action!
Please complete our online form and attach your resume and cover letter with responses to the following questions:
-How you will contribute to our company culture?
-Tell us why you may be the ideal candidate for this role.
-What is the best event (ie. music or film festival, sporting, tradeshow or conference) you've attended?
-How do you think mobile apps can improve the experience of attending an event?