We're seeking a motivated and energetic Account Manager to join our expanding sales team. You will be responsible for supporting our client base in North America and ensuring customer success and retention. Tasks will include the delivery of presentations and product demonstrations (online and in-person), proposal creation and contract negotiations. You will be selling a world-class platform that helps organizations generate revenue through sponsorship opportunities, create brand awareness and maximize attendee experience. This is a full-time position working in our Vancouver head office.
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for events. Half of the top 20 technology companies in the world trust Eventbase to power their event apps. Current customers include IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, Amgen, Century 21, ESPN and TD Ameritrade. We also power official apps for many of the largest events on earth including SXSW, CES, Comic-Con, Sundance and three Olympic Games.
The Eventbase Platform is uniquely positioned to meet the needs of global enterprises. We deliver visually-rich and engaging mobile event apps that can support the entire portfolio of conferences and meetings that an enterprise hosts every year. Eventbase is a leader in innovation, pioneering the “Intelligent Event App” with technologies such as an Advanced Chat Bot and Recommendation Engine, and the use of proximity beacons for Hyper-local Networking and Indoor Location. We've been named “Best Event App” by the Event Technology Awards for three consecutive years and recently won a Webby Award for "Best Event App".
- Ensure the success and retention of our existing customers who have purchased the Eventbase Premium Event App product
- Communicate Eventbase’s product value proposition to customers based on an understanding of their current and future needs
- Conduct online presentations and demonstrations to customers
- Collaborate with technical staff to scope and quote custom features and determine technical requirements
- Create proposals, Statement of Works and Service Agreement contracts
- Participate in kick-off calls and prepare our producers for project hand off upon closing
- Provide regular opportunity pipeline and forecast updates
- Represent Eventbase at industry trade shows and conferences
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have the Following Experience And Skills
- 2+ years selling technology solutions and/or applications in a B2B environment
- Event industry experience is considered an asset
- Track record of meeting or exceeding targets in an account manager role
- A genuine interest in mobile technology
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where change is the only constant
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Proficiency using a CRM (Salesforce), iWork and MS PowerPoint is desirable
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong team player with a positive, “go-getter” attitude
- Ability and willingness to travel (10-20%) to the United States
Eventbase is the leading mobile technology platform for premium events, and Gold Winner for “Best Event App” at both the 2014 and 2015 Event Technology Awards. Trusted by global brands for their Tier 1 conferences and trade shows, our clients include Microsoft, SAP, HP, Cisco, Salesforce, Cannes Lions, and SXSW. Eventbase also delivers apps for massive consumer events including three Olympic Games, Comic-Con International and Sundance Film Festival.
We work hard and smart, and insist on having fun. Our cool Yaletown office provides a casual work environment with a few office dogs and an in-house coffee barista thrown in for good measure.
Additionally, each member of our team is eligible for our unique Ticket To Ride program! This gives you the chance to experience an event we build the app for to gain first-hand knowledge and see our hard work in action!
Please complete our online form and attach your resume and cover letter with responses to the following questions:
-How you will contribute to our company culture?
-Tell us why you may be the ideal candidate for this role.
-What is the best event (ie. music or film festival, sporting, tradeshow or conference) you've attended?
-How do you think mobile apps can improve the experience of attending an event?